Can a Revision Rhinoplasty Make my Nose Worse?

I had an open "finesse" rhino/septo at the end of Feb 2010. The bridge of my nose appeared straight, but my PS said I did have a slightly dev sept. However, now my bridge pulls to the right and in 4 mos my PS wants to rebreak the nasal bridge and reset the bone bc it didn't heal properly. What could have caused this? I notice it alot and really want my straight bridge back!!! Is there any risk that I could further deform my nose. Everything else is fine...just the bridge is pullin to rite

Crooked nose after surgery

+1

If your are contemplating a revision rhinoplasty it is very important that you choose a very experienced surgeon - a crooked nose is one of the more difficult deformities to correct

Revision Rhinoplasty and Correction of Crooked Nose--Can Revison Rhinoplasty Make You Nose Worse?

+1

Any surgical procedure has a small risk of making the appearance less desirable. However, usually the result should improve. Crooked nose may be due to the bones not being set correctly. Commonly crooked nose is due to deviation of the septum.

A variety of techniques such as re-doing osteotomies, using spreader cartilage grafts, correcting the deviation of septum and revision septo-rhinoplasty can correct most difficult cases.

Make sure that your surgeon is dedicated to getting the most natural result for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Complications after Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

Complications are always possible after any operation. As long as you selected an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to do your last operation, you should have a good result. A second opinion may help reassure you.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Any surgery revisional or original has risks including poor outcome for a number of reason.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Tough call.  Rhinoplasty is a very difficult operation with many nuances that can lead to unmasking curvatures and requiring revisions. Sometimes revisions can make it worse.

Revision nose surgery and risk

+1

An surgery has the potential to have a worse outcome. However, if you are returning to the original surgeon and they are confident in their recommendations, it is likely you will achieve a good outcome.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Of course it can. It really depends on who is doing your revision, his plan for the surgery, his previous experience, and thx number of times that you have had rhinoplasty. It also depends on his bad your nose is at it's current state.

Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS

Crocked nose

+1

Crocked nose after surgery is probably due  to the bones were not set right.

Refracturing the bones and setting them in the right place may help . I would add spreader grafts to make sure it is straight