I Need a Revision to Remove Bump I Have Had for 8 Months Now

I had Rhinoplasty over 8 month ago and still have a bump and has been present since my cast came off over 8 month ago. My Surgeon keep telling me my nose look's fine an straight but i personly think i got plastic surgery disasters. please help me

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Relax

+1

You certainly do not have any type of disaster and from that one picture, your nose looks improved and not a disaster in any way.  However, I do not know how it looks from other views.  Yes you still have a slight dorsal hump and it can be shaved or rasped down a little more after at least a year has gone by from your original surgery.  Even after 10 revisions, it may never be perfectly straight or perfectly smooth because you are dealing with healing human tissue.  In men, its ok to have a slight bump compared to a slight concavity or skin slope.  Based on this one picture your results are nice.  Not amazing but still nice.  Relax and let time heal the rest and if you need a minor revision then get a minor revision later on or just let it be.  Good luck

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialistsurgeon.com/history-of-rhinoplasty/nasal-analysis-anatomy-2/

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump related to low radix

+1

Your bump is at least in part related to a low radix which can be improved with grafting or even by injection of fillers

Web reference: http://www.seattlerhinoplasty.com/html/before_n_after_set.php?procedure=primary_rhinoplasty&id=11

Revision to Remove Nasal Bump

+1

Although you may want to lower your profile line, you do not have a disaster. Wait another 3-4 months and then consider a revision if you're not satisfied.

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

From this single picture, your result is fairly good, but could be improved.  It is certainly not a disaster or even an unacceptable result.  I would recommend that you wait at least 12 months from the time of your surgery to consider a revision, which would probably entail removal of some additional cartilage and perhaps some bone from the top of the nose.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

With only one view it is difficult to see the problem that you claim that you are suffering from. If you want your nose profile to be dropped more, it could be possible in a revision.

Rhinoplasty

+1

Your results are great.

You want perfection, which is not attainable. You may end up with much worse problem that can not be repaired.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.