Do I Need a Revision to Remove Bump?

I had Rhinoplasty over 8 month ago and still have a bump and has been present since my cast came off over 8 month ago. My Surgeon keep telling me my nose look's fine an straight but i personly think this bump is never going to go away. my question are: do u think i need a revision to remover the bump? is possible the after a year the bump could go outway?

Rhinoplasty

+2

I find the most difficult thing about rhinoplasty is to get in the head of my patients and figure out exactly what they want. In particular, this relates to the profile line. In men I like to make it straight, period.  Howver, sometimes that is not what they want.  However, some women want it straight as well and some want it slightly retrousse.  Tough call.

Bump after 8 months

+1

It is difficult to answer your questions without seeing your photos or examining you – the bump could be related to a number of different entities - it would be very helpful to post images showing your areas of concern

Sam Naficy, MD

Revision to Remove Bump

+1

Without examination I can't be sure, but it is possible you do still have swelling. Whether or not you want to lower your profile line is a personal choice. I don't feel you have a bump as you did pre-operatively, but wait until you're sure there is no change in your profile before making a decision.

Male noses should be straight to a slight bump, called aqualine

+1

Rhinoplasty is not an exact science. It is a true art. Unlike chiseling a piece of stone where what you see is what you get, sculpting a nasal profile has more to do with understanding the relationships among the different parts of the nose and the response to surgery on each and how they interact.

Sometimes a bump re-forms from healing bone tissue called a callous. I suggest waiting a year before considering any further treatment for a remaining bump after rhinoplasty. Plus, as a male you should be careful not to have too much taken off.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

It is interesting that there seems to be a significant improvement on the 3/4 view but a very subtle improvelment on the side view. Revision surgery is not without risk. You could undergo a revision if this bumpr sgnificantly bothers you.