Revision Ptosis Surgery/Internal Approach?

3 months ago I had my 2nd ptosis surgery, because my first surgery was over corrected. How long does it take to see the final results after surgery? What results should one have after the eye completely heals, in terms of symmetry and height?

Revision Ptosis surgery can take up to 3 months for results to be visible

+1

It can take upto 6- 12 weeks for the swelling to settle. You should be able to get the results you want. But hard to comment since I dont have access to photos. Revision eyelid operations are hard.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Revisional ptosis surgery

+1

It can take 3 months for the eyelid to heal or "settle".  The final result can be unpredictable as the nature of ptosis surgery (especially repeat ptosis surgery) is inherently unpredictable.  The operation becomes more predictable when surgery is done under local anesthesia with the patient awake. See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Wait three months

+1

Post surgical resolution of edema can take a few weeks, and scarring can improve for up to a year, but at 3 months time you should have an accurate sense of the success of the surgery.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon