Revision Otoplasty? (photo)

Had otoplasty a few years ago now, my right ear got messed up, had a couple of revisions to improve the situation but still nowhere near happy, i know it will never be perfect but im convinced it can be made a lot better. Its like my ear has lost all the elasticity. I have a lot of scar tissue, large antihelix and a very out of shape helical rim. I can sort of pinch and pull it into an acceptable position, hard to describe but the pictures should give a rough idea. Thanks

Revision otoplasty for an ear that has lost its shape

+1

I would agree that it is hard to see exactly what you are talking about but I think you don't like the smooth edge of the helix part. But conveying your thoughts on what you want to your surgeon is most important. We like to spend a lot of time discussing things like this with our patient to get the best results. I think you can get what you want though. Good luck!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Otoplasty?

+1

It is difficult to see the exact deformity of your upper right ear from your photos.  However, I can tell you as a surgeon who specializes in ear surgery that correction of an ear that has had several previous surgeries is never simple and rarely can be corrected by only using a suture because the prior surgery and scarring makes the ear less flexible and more prone to relapse of the correction back to the original deformity.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Superior helical flare after an otoplasty

+1

It looks like you have a small degree of flare at the superior helical fold.  This can be corrected with a suture technique and should not be too difficult.  The rest of your ear looks good as far as the folds of the ear and shape.