Do I Need Revision Otoplasty? (photo)

I did otoplasty about six weeks ago and I'm not really satisfied with the results. I find myself looking in the mirror again and again and not being happy about the results. I asked the doctor for a natural result, I didn't want them completely pinned back but the difference before and after is minimal. I'm considering a revision, but I did not discuss it with the doctor yet. Please give me your opinion.

Do I need a revision otoplasty for ears too pinned back

+1

Based on your pictures, I think you have a great result in my opinion. They are about the ideal distance from your head. Yes you can have them come out more but this is a preference thing.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Otoplasty?

+1

From the pictures you supplied it looks as though the result was quite good. Remember that the purpose of this procedure is to get a natural result and they should not be pulled back to the side of the head. Early revision is not a good idea. Let things heal and don't focus on this issue too much. Talk it over with your plastic surgeon.

Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a revision otoplasty?

+1

The most basic thing  that a Plastic Surgeon needs to do before doing any surgery is to get a good understanding of what a patient wants. Sometimes it take a couple visit to make sure that the surgeon and patient are on the same page. If you aren't happy with your result after 6 weeks, I don't think you will become more happy with time.

The appearance of ears can vary a great amount and still be "normal."  When I do an otoplasty on an adult patient , it is usually under local anesthesia.  It allows me to I have the patient looks at the ears before I've finished to make sure that I have gotten them to where the patient is happy.

Revision Otoplasty?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource for meaningful advice. However, based on your photographs, it appears to me that you have achieved a very nice outcome. The ears do not seem prominent or set back too much.

Unless there is a specific concern you have about the outcome of the procedure performed, I would suggest patience...   About yourself to physically and psychologically adapt to the new “body image”. Do your best to avoid excessive  or obsessive “looking in the mirror”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_ear.htm