Can revision otoplasty be done for me? (photo)

I had otoplasty done 3 or 4 years ago when I was in middle school. The results were NOT GOOD, although I know I picked a very good doctor (Dr. Michael Bermont). Would revision even be possible for me? I had cup ears that protruded and would have been too small if he had just pinned them back so he tried to expand them and make them bigger... and this happened. If possible to revise them it would be nice if an explanation of surgery, likely results, and price estimate were included in answer.

Can revision otoplasty be done for me?

+1

In order to answer your questions, I would need to have a consultation with your to determine what you find parts of your new ear your find most disappointing. This could be done over Skype. It would also be very important to get the operative report from your previous surgeon to see what was done at the time of your previous surgery.

Revision otoplasty

+1

at the little difficult to give you great information with these photographs and without some of the details of your prior surgeries. A revision is always possible but I'm not exactly sure what the details of your goals are.

RU unhappy with the position of the ear? Is it that you feel there is some unattractive scar tissue? I'm not really sure how to go about helping you.

In any case a revision under local anesthesia would likely cost around $3000 and under anesthesia could cost anywhere from $7-$8000.

Sorry we could be more helpful

Chase Lay, MD
Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon