What Are Revision Options for Loose Skin Above Belly Button? Would New Surgery Cut Open the First Scar? (photo)

I had a mini tummy tuck done in Dec 2010, just a vertical cut from hip to hip to remove loose skin. My doc said my ab muscles were structurally intact so I didn't need anything but skin removal. But I still have strange very droopy skin that hangs when bend over, and I can see my abs under them.. What would be the least scarring, minimal invasive fix for this? If I got another tummy tuck would I have to get the vertical cut done all over again or would it be just the cut from the belly button?

Incomplete mini-abdominoplasty result

+1

I is hard to understand your surgeons hesitation to perform a standard abdominoplasty. I would think that with this operation you would have gotten a much better result.  In one your photos you can detect an obvious diastasis recti.  Which means the fascia should have been repaired.  

Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck result.

• Your tummy tuck profile suggests that your lower muscles need tightening.
  • The skin draping is likely the result of stretched muscles working on tightened skin.
  • With all due respect to your original surgeon, consider getting a copy of your operative note and consulting a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I suspect you needed a standard tummy tuck in the first place. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

What Are Revision Options for Loose Skin Above Belly Button? Would New Surgery Cut Open the First Scar?

+1

The minitummy tuck can probably be converted to a short scar tummy tuck to remove additional skin.  However, there will always be some laxity and relaxation of tissues with time.  An exam would be necessary to confirm.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA