The tip of my nose beneath the cast looks...HUGE! is this normal?

Hello, i had a revision open rhinoplasty with spreader grafts on monday. The graft was taken from my ear. Now my ear looks pretty big and protruding, and the tip of the nose beneath the cast looks...HUGE! is this normal? I know swelling goes down in years, but when can i make an INITIAL assessment? Thankyou. Ps, will my ear return to normality?

The tip of my nose beneath the cast looks huge. Is this normal?

+2
Take a deep breath- you just had surgery so it is normal for you to look "surgical" a few days afterwards. The swelling will change over the next weeks and months so please be patient. It takes at least a year to recover from rhinoplasty although you should be sociable after one to two weeks,

Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1
Swelling around the nasal tip especially when performed open can take severall months and sometimes up to a year to settle completely.