Do I Need a Revision on my Tip? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty five months ago by a renown plastic surgeon. However, the two profiles of my nose do not match up and from the front my cartilage graft he placed shows through. I am not satisfied with my tip because i feel the cartilage graft makes my nose project more than before and is too pointy instead of being rounded. I would wait a year for a revision, but i would like professional advice on whether it is recommended. Thank you

Nasal Tip Revision May Be The Right Solution

+1

Since you are at 5 months post-op, I recommend that you do not feel pressured to judge the results of your surgery.

Usually and as you may know already, it takes about 12 months for the end-results to be established.

Therefore, I do not see a harm from waiting another 4-5 months since you may be pretty well satisfied with what the results will come up to be then.

In case you were not pleased with what you will accomplish at the end of the race, a revision rhinoplasty where the graft will be removed and your tip will be modified is a possible approach to adopt.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Tip graft skeletonized

+1

I personally dont wait a year to remove the tip gaft. I feel after 6 months is adequate to remove it. This may be all you need to look good the graft not only skeletonizing but distorting the tip.aaaait is generally easy under local >I worked with Jack Sheen in the same building for years and he originally  popularized tip grafts and was not afraid to remove them if not right early

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Wait a year, then decide

+1

Wating a year is a good idea so the problem can be better assessed as the swelling resolves.  It also gives you time to soul-search so you understand how much the issue bothers you.  If you feel the improvements from the surgery make this imperfection tolerable and you are ok with how you look, then you may want to hold off on revision.  If this is not the case, revision could be a reasonable option for you.  Tip irregularities, whether caused by grafts or alteration to your native cartilages, are common in rhinoplasty.  The good news is that they are typically able to be improved in the hands of an experienced revision surgeon.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty involving the nasal tip

+1

It is likely that you may be seeing the edges of the tip graft based upon the information that you had provided. Alternatively, it could represent tip bossae from dividing the domal or tip region of your nose. In either case it is best to wait at least one year before considering a revision. It may be a minor revision to round your tip or it may require a more detailed surgery. Good luck.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I Need a Revision on my Tip?

+1

The photos do seem to indicate an over-projected look to the nasal tip.  This could be from bossa formation along the resected segments of the nasal tip and/or placement of a cartilage tip graft.  It's best for you to wait 6-12 months, after your previous Rhinoplasty, before having a revision Tip Plasty.

Tip revision for pointy tip where graft shows through

+1

Whether you should consider a revision procedure on your nose depends on how much the issue bothers you and whether the risks of surgery make it worthwhile in your mind.

Waiting a year to allow your nose to heal is a very good plan. I can see the tip pointiness that you're noticing and I would think that this could be addressed. It would be very helpful to know what exactly was done during the original surgery to help with planning.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Nasa Tip Revision

+1

You are correct when you suggest that you wait for a year before revising your tip. The asymmetry and the obvious tip graft do detract from your result. Surgery to improve the tip asymmetry and eliminate the bossing of the tip graft will be necessary to achieve the optimum result.