Will I Need a Revision to Get my Belly Flat? (photo)

I had my surgery 6 weeks ago. My left side of my lower abs is slightly flatter then my right side. Will I need extra lipo or do I need to stay patient.

Will I Need a Revision to Get my Belly Flat?

+1

WHAT surgery did you have? A Liposuction? Which type of liposuction? Was the surgeon a boarded PS? Need more written info!!! 

6 weeks may feel like a long time

+1

but as far as the body and healing goes, it is very short.  i tell patients that 6 months is a good time frame to see results, but that sometimes 1 yr is more appropriate.  there can definitely be some asymmetries that you see in healing as far as swelling goes that will resolve with time.

Eric Chang, MD

Recovery timing and anxiety

+1

You are doing fine.  At 6 weeks you have no idea how the course will be.  Remember healing after liposuction takes one year.   Some people actually do not lose their swelling till around 10 to 12 months.  Microscopic wound healing continues till at least one year.  After liposuction,  swelling PEAKS  at 2 to 3 days then starts to subside.  At one month you have lost 50% of you swelling.  At two months 55% is gone. At 3 months 60% is gone.  At 4 months 65% is gone.  At 6 months 80 % is gone and 20% STILL REMAINS.     THE FINAL 15 TO 20 % GOS AFTER 6 MONTHS. You must be patient.  Your part of the deal is to do the healing.  Avoiding salt (sodium) helps.  Avoid diuretics,  they are not necessary and can be dangerous.   Be sure and demonstrate the weight your surgeon removed when you step on the scale.  Do not gain weight ever.   You will get there.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+1

At 6 weeks, there will be residual swelling.  If the plastic surgeon removed a large volume up to 5 liters, you should notice a dramatic difference.  Give the result 3 to 6 months to develop, and, if you find a revision is necessary, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA