Need Revision! Can Muscle Repair Be Done Through Belly Button? (photo)

I'm 9 weeks post op somehow my muscle repair came undone. My surgeon told me he can fix going through belly button... i have this fear that after sugery i'm still not gonna be happy... i hate my belly!! My scar is high and he put my old belly button back on. I asked him when i when revision if he can make a brand new one and he told me my old one will look better... im so depressed. i really just want him to make a small incision ...like mini tummy tuck and get it done right and pull some excess skin.

Need Revision! Can Muscle Repair Be Done Through Belly Button?

+2

You might wish to obtain in person second opinions. I agree with you that at least a minor opening to correct the "bulge" is needed. 

You will need full revision for the best result

+2

I am sorry about your experience. It is too early for revision and I would wait 3 months to let the swelling to settle. I would recommend to have full revision to have good visualization for repair. You already have the scar and to limit the exposure and make the revision harder does not make sense. you may nee to have liposuction for upper abdomen during the revision.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty Revision

+2

I would probably recommend that you wait another month or two before considering a revision to allow the rest of your abdomen to heal. Since you already have an abdominoplasty incision, there isn't a lot of benefit to trying to repair this just through the umbilicus.

Donald Griffin, MD

Revision of a failed abdominal wall repair after abdominoplasty will be difficult to due to the umbilicus.

+2

Repair of the abdominal fascia can be accomplished with minimal incision using a surgical endoscope. I think this will be a difficult operation limiting the incision through the umbilicus.