Revision Mersilene Mesh Chin Implant. How is It Done?

I had a chin implant using mersilene mesh and It feels a little smaller than expected after the the swelling has gone. What's the approriate time frame to do the revision because I've done it almost 5 weeks ago. Also, How is it done? My doctor used mersilene and put it in the pockets of my chin. Does he have to remove the old one or can he just bump it up a little and add more layers of mesh? Thank you!

Chin augmentation healing time

+1

Dear Matt,

• I agree and would wait a few months before doing another operation
  • Let the swelling come completely down, then you can accurately add more mesh or replace it as your surgeon sees fit to get the result you want

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Mersilene mesh chin augmentation

+1

I would suggest waiting at least six months before considering a revision or additional augmentation. Mersilene mesh is very difficult to remove especially if it was placed through the mouth into your chin area. Sometimes additional augmentation can be added but there is also a risk of infection in going into an area where it was previously placed and exposing the mesh. I would discuss your options after at least two months when the swelling has subsided with your surgeon.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon