Revision Liposuction - Can Fat Grafting Be Done to Help? (photo)

I had a 2nd lipo done in 3/11. I was 8 mos out from a colon resect & had a bad scar around my navel twisting my skin.I told the PS I was waiting 12 mos to let the scar to heal. The PS said it was fine to get lipo before the scar revision. After lipo my butt shape was longer & saggy. Now have creases when I barely had any before; stomach is uneven. Can I add fat back into my butt to get rid of that unnatural crease; does the PS revise the areas at his own cost; is butt dropping a common side effect?

Liposuction revision

+1

Liposuction can lead to the issues that you describe. Without an exam , it is dififcult to say what could be done for you. As for the fees, you should discuss this with the doctor's office.

Management of Buttock Deformities after Liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the buttocks should be done very judiciously. As the buttocks lose volume from fat removal, some skin sag is almost inevitable...thus a longer and saggy buttock appearance. Fat can be added back to help improve any creases that have resulted. The economics of doing this procedure should be discussed with your plastic surgeon and the potential issue of revisional surgery and its cost may have been presented prior to your original surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD