Is It Possible To Correct a Small Area After a Thigh Lift Or Do I Have To Undergo Another Full Lift?

i have had a thigh lift to remove excess skin and i am mostly happy except there is some skin on the inner part of my left thigh that is loose. i might not have noticed this except for the fact that it pulls and is very irritating when i walk, run and even stand. i thought that this irritating feeling would eventually pass with healing but after 2 years it is not getting better. is it possible to only remove a small portion of skin on one leg or would i have to undergo another full lift?

Minor revision of skin after thigh lift surgery

If there is a small area of excess skin after thigh lift surgery, then it may very well be possible to remove that area of skin using local anesthesia alone. If the appearance of the rest of that thigh and the opposite thigh looks good, then you do not have to undergo the full operation again. Only do what needs to be done.

1421 Hurontario Street
Mississauga, ON L5G 3H5

Dear Alasandry:

Thigh revisions are not uncommon.  I do not think you have to undergo a full thigh lift for a revision.  Typically only the area that concerns you needs to be revised.  This may require a little liposuction and resection of excess skin. 

Congratulations on your weight loss. 

Thank you,

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

9735 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Revision thigh lift

I cannot give you a recommendation without direct examination.  Depending on how much excess skin you have, you may need a small skin excision vs. a larger, more formal thigh lift.  Please consult your plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

4185 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, TX 77831

Thigh lifting revision

You may very well be a good candidate for revisionary thigh lifting surgery, based on the description you have provided. It would be in your best interests to be examined by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. This examination will be critical to evaluate your situation and the potential benefits as well  potential risks/complications associated with further surgery.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Thigh lift

What type of medial thigh lift you had, where is the incision????

Pictures will help

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218