I'm getting a revision in a couple weeks. What should I do to fix my uneven breast? (photos)

I don't like the way they look so differnt. Right is low and larger, the left is small and higher. I like the way the left feels, it feels natural but then again I like the way how it gives me a nice cleveage, now the right breast looks pretty but is too low, I want it be a little higer so it won't feel so saggy. I got 425cc in right and 450cc in left. I was a deflated A before the operation, now a small D. What should I do lower the left side and add a larger implant or raise the right breast?

I'm getting a revision in a couple weeks. What should I do to fix my uneven breast?

+2
Based on your description of goals and photographs, it sounds like you will be best off undergoing capsulorrhaphy ( internal suture “repair”) of the right breast implant pocket. This procedure should serve to raise the position of the right breast implant on the chest wall, thereby improving breast symmetry.  I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon and make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Asymmetry

+2
The simplest thing to do in your case would be to raise the position of the right breast.  Typically we perform a capsulorrhaphy, which is a closure of the pocket of the implant to raise the position of the implant.  In your case, a surgeon could close the bottom of the pocket, which would make the implant position higher.

It is difficult to tell from photographs alone what you would need to achieve the best symmetry.  Other surgical maneuvers could include lowering the left implant or changing the size of the implant. 

It is important to note that given the size of your breasts, your implants are likely on the larger side.  The heavier the implant is, the more weight is placed on the sutures.  This results in a lower likelihood of success if a capsulorrhaphy is performed.  I tell my patients to support the breast at all times after this procedure, for three months.

Best of luck with your surgery.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM)

+1
In your photographs, your breasts are too long vertically compared to the width. I would recommend smaller implants and a simultaneous lift using a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. A circumareola incision is used to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be exchanged for smaller ones. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Only your plastic surgeon knows what is best for implant revision

+1
In cases like yours it is very difficult to know what is needed to give useful advice, even with pictures. If what you really want is for the lower breast to be raised, then a capsulorrhaphy with internal sutures is the usual approach, but it is not always successful for larger implants. An internal bra procedure using Seri scaffold mesh or Strattice is often helpful. Once that is done, small volume and shape adjustments can be done with fat grafting.

Richard Baxter, MD