Would Revision Improve my Upper Blepharoplasty Scar? (photo)

Hi, I had blepharoplasty done to my upper eyelids two years ago and still have scars (white lines) like the third example (right hand side) in the submitted picture. I was wondering: why did I get so much scarring? and what do I do to improve it? since the first operation was very conservative I was considering having a second blepharoplasty, what should I do to avoid those scars if I do have it done? thank you

Blepharoplasty scar

+1

Thank you for your question about your blepharoplasty scar.

• The blepharoplasty scar on the right is more visible than two on the left because the person has darker skin and because the stitches left scar cross hatches. 
  • After a blepharoplasty revision, your scar will still be white. 
  • If you eyes have enough loose skin, the blepharoplasty lscar can be improved by removing the cross-hatched scar. This will leave a thin white line. This blepharoplasty revision is done under magnification using subcuticular sutures and removing any outside sutures in 3 days. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Fine Scar after Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

A fine scar after upper eyelid surgery is all you can attain.  I would not recommend a revision for the scar.

Would Revision Improve my Upper Blepharoplasty Scar?

+1

You listen to Dr Mayer, he is so correct! Best to consider the risk/benefit ratios before considering additional surgery

Upper eyelid scar after blepharoplasty.

+1

Upper eyelid scar after blepharoplasty that you have will not be improved with a revision. Cover up makeup will do the trick.