What Changes Can I Expect From This Revision?

REPHRASING A PREVIOUS QUESTION ASKED: I'm getting a revision, from 350cc anatomical textured implants to 435cc smooth round implants. Both surgeries under the muscle. My left implant didn't adhere and dropped lower than the right. My PS advised lowering the right fold to match my left, and is using smooth for even dropping. My projection will change from 4.6 to 4.9, diameter from 12.5 to 13.0. What changes can I expect from this revision? Is this the best approach for improved symmetry?

Original question:

I will be getting a revision surgery on November 21, 2013 due to a complication in my initial BA. My PS advised my left implant didn't adhere as expected when getting textured implants, dropping further than my right breast, causing asymmetry. I will be getting Inspira SRF implants, which my PS advised will also look natural due to the movement of the silicone. Please advise the difference between responsive and soft touch gel? What changes can I expect from this implant exchange? Thanks!

Which side is your favorite side?

+1

And I would suggest going in that direction rather then just larger implants and lowering a fold.  Lowering folds often leads to that side being lower then desired in the long run so be careful of what you choose.  You have several options to choose from but make sure what you choose will work for you and what happens if it doesn't?  Another revision?  And at what additional costs?

Implant going south!

+1

In my opinion the disruption of your left inferior fold is irrelevant to the type of implant used. The left hold has been lowered either due to disruption from the surgical experience or due to the lowering of larger than footplate implants. This is not an issue of smooth or textured. The treatment is an internal tightening of the fold. Hope this helps.

Sepehr Egrari, MD

Breast Implant Revision

+1

In looking at your photos it looks like the left implant has dropped further than the left . This results in two visible findings in the photo: The left breast has an apparent longer "areola to fold distance" and there is an apparent double fold on the left breast where the original fold appears above the new lower fold. The options are whether to make both breasts look like the right side or the left side. If you just lower the right fold you will not correct the double fold on the left and may in fact create a new double fold on the right breast. The other option is closing the lower part of the pocket on the left side to raise that side back up and eliminate the double fold. Look in the mirror and decide which side you prefer in terms of shape and make sure the procedure you have addresses this. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. As mentioned in your previous response, it seems like your left breast implant has settled too far;  logically, it would seem to me that your best recourse would be to have this breast implant raised (capsulorraphy);  this procedure will serve to improve the contour of the left breast and help improve symmetry. Why would you want to adjust the right breast implant that seems to be in good position?

Again, the nature of the coating of the breast implant (smooth versus textured) has very little to do with your outcome.