Can Revision Help Me? my Nose is Ruined! Too Small, Crooked,wide, Uneven Nostrils. Looks Piggish and Crooked? (photo)

my nose was really nice., but my girlfriend married a plastic surgeon who will remain nameless! he said he didn't like my nose and could straighten it out! he made a mess! and yea we're still friends! he said my nose was too hard to do! it was fine before he convinced me to try to straighten it! why did I listen??? my nostrils are two different sizes, bulbous tip, lump on one side of tip and piggy looking! HELP! it's been almost three years and I can't stand looking like this anymore!

Can Revision Rhinoplasty Help Small Crooked Wide Nose?

+1

A revision rhinoplasty that builds up your nose with cartilage grafts can produce a dramatic improvement in your nose.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Can Revision Help Me? my Nose is Ruined! Too Small, Crooked,wide, Uneven Nostrils. Looks Piggish and Crooked?

+1

Sorry for the poor result. Best to seek one of the few experts in revision rhinoplasty. I recommend Dr Jack Gunter in Dallas, Tx. Call his office and see him. It will be very expensive so be prepared.  Good luck. 

Rhinoplasty Society

+1

Wow!! I can not believe your result! Go to your surgeons office, get a copy of your operative report/ record and Never Go Back! Please consider an experienced surgeon who is a member of the Rhinoplasty Society in your area for Corrective Surgery (They will not allow me to put a link). This may require more than one operation. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty to correct the tip of the nose

+1

Thanks you for posting your question regarding revision rhinoplasty. There are several issues that are apparent in the photos you have posted. First your nose is overly shortened and the tip is overrotated, meaning that the angle between the upper lip and nose is greater than ideal. This is what is giving the "piggy nose" look you described, with excess visibility of your nostrils. Your tip cartilages are also misshapen in a few different ways. First, the right tip cartilage is sitting higher and further to the side than the left. Secondly, both sides of the tip are still wider than they could be, giving your tip more of a square than triangular shape. Lastly, your tip cartilages are lacking support out to the sides, causing some pinching and an unnatural shape. The bridge of your nose also appears to be bumpy, due to underlying irregularities of the bone and cartilage.

I would recommend that you have a few consultations with board-certified, revision rhinoplasty specialists in your area. You will certainly need cartilage grafts to restore a more normal appearance to your nose. First, extended spreader grafts would likely be needed. These are long, thin, strong pieces of cartilage which are stitched to either side of the septum, along the bridge of the nose, to push the tip downward. Also, cartilage grafts could be useful to create a more symmetric and refined tip. The tip cartiages can be brought together with the use of suture techniques. Lastly, the bony and cartilaginous irregularities along your bridge could be gently filed or shaved down. Hopefully, there is enough cartilage left in your septum to achieve what needs to be done. If not, ear or rib cartilage can be used in such revision cases. 

Computer imaging can be helpful during the consultation, so that you can communicate to your surgeon the changes you would like to see made. It would also give him or her the opportunity to let you know what is realistic, given your skin type. Revision rhinoplasty requires extensive specialized training and experience so be sure to do your due diligence. Ask to see photos of noses like yours and make sure you are comfortable with your surgeon and the surgical plan.

Best regards,

Dr. Mehta

Umang Mehta, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon