Am I a Candidate For Revision Thigh Lift? (Photos)

My scars for my thigh lift go almost completely around my thighs they do not go around the outside, I still have a small amount of loose skin on the inside part of the thigh toward my butt, that is extremely irritating on my left leg even while standing . i want to have just that part taken up not for aesthetic purposes but for relief from the pulling of the skin. i am very active now that i have lost a lot of weight but this is a hindrance and want to have it removed without having a full lift

Loose skin inner thigh

+2

you describe laxity in the back of ?thigh or the buttock.

Your inner thighs from the pictures seem to be good. What you may be describing is a descent of a portin of the buttocks on the inside, seen mostly standing. This particular area is difficult to lift. It requires a creative incision in the crease BETWEEN the buttockson either side.

Thigh Lift Candidate

+1

The ideal candidate for thigh lift surgery is one who is healthy, has been at a stable weight for at least six to twelve months, is near his/her ideal body weight, and has an excess of thigh skin.

Patients who are still in the process of losing weight should postpone thigh lift surgery until after having reached their target weight. Additionally, patients who have experienced massive weight loss (either through diet and exercise or gastric bypass/banding procedures) may be better served by a lower body lift procedure that recontours the abdomen, back, lateral thighs, and buttocks rather than a standard thigh lift. Finally, patients with a history of smoking, heart disease, stroke, or blood clots may not be candidates for this surgery or, at the very least, may need to undergo preoperative medical clearance and smoking cessation.

Jaime Perez, MD

Revision Thigh Lift

+1

You may very well be a good candidate for revisionary thigh lifting surgery, based on the description you have provided. It would be in your best interests to be examined by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. This examination will be critical to evaluate your situation and the potential benefits as well  potential risks/complications associated with further surgery.