Is it difficult to remove a goretex chin implant that has been screwed on?

What are the complications involved?

+1

No, I have removed many chin implants that were screwed in and placed elsewhere.  The only implants that I will not agree to take as patients are made of Medpore as they become incorporated into the bone after 1 month of placement.  Silastic and gore tex implants, whether screwed in or not, can be removed quite easilly in my experience. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/ChinImplants.html

Goretex chin implant

+1

no, not at all, if the surgeon understands the nature of goretex; then it can be 'dissected' nicely. Best to see someone who 'uses' Goretex since not all surgeons do; and many do not understand its nature.

Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.