Revision for Asymmetry? (photo)

I had an original BA 7 months ago and am not fully satisfied with the results. After reviewing my pre-op photos I am aware I had some asymmetry to begin with. Can this be corrected with a 2nd surgery? I currently have 350cc anatomical silicone implants, submuscular placement, crease incision. I would also like to increase the size of the implant, and would like a fuller look. Is this achievable? What would be the ideal implant size, shape and type for a more satisfactory result? Thanks.

Achieve desired look using Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+1

Your pre-operative photographs show your breasts are low and asymmetrical.  You would benefit from a new technique called Implant Exchange with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase cleavage.  At the same time, the implants can be exchanged for the size that you desire.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural and are less likely to ripple.  Elevating your breast and aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and you may achieve the desired look without a larger implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Revision for Asymmetry?

+1

You will likely benefit from a revision that can create more symmetry.  The left pocket can be reduced and the implant lifted. The right breast may be altered as well to make the areola appear a little higher.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation Revision for Asymmetry?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your pictures, some of the breast asymmetry that you are experiencing is likely related to breast implant displacement on your left side. Therefore, revisionary breast surgery will likely involve internal capsule suture repair (capsulorraphy)  of the left inferior breast pole area.  Although it in person examination would be necessary to provide you with a precise answer, it is likely that the use of a larger breast implant ( judiciously to avoid too much pressure on the repaired area) will be possible.

The best online advice I can give to ladies (in regards to selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile) who are considering breast augmentation revisionary surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Left breast implant pocket repair

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Most of your asymmetry can likely be corrected with repair of the left breast implant pocket.  The left breast implant pocket likely would benefit from repair by tightening (suturing) the lower fold.  In doing so the left breast fold as well as the implant position will be raised and the relative position of the implant to the nipple/areola complex will be improved.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast augmentation should not breache the infra mammary fold.

+1

Judging from the picture it looks as though the left implant is below the left infra mammary fold. If this is the case, surgical correction will be necessary if the asymmetry bothers the patient that much.

Result after anatomic implant breast augmentation with pre-existing asymmetry

+1

Your overall breast shape looks good with the anatomic implants.  there is some asymmetry of the nipple areas that will never be corrected by implants alone.  You may consider a small breast lift or accept that you have a nice result.  

Revision for Asymmetry?

+1

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. 

The asymmetry seems largely in areolar position, and that can be improved with a breast lift to raise the lower areola to a more even position.

As to size, all depends upon how much larger you would like to become. The shape looks quite natural, so I would stick with the same style implant. All the best.