Could I Have a Revision Eyelid Lift?

A yr ago I had upper eyelid surgery. Before surgery, the dr. showed me where my lid would be & told me his incisions would line up with my new lid creases. After surgery I began to form new eyelid creases lower than the incisions. At my 1st checkup he assured me they would line up, but then later said he hadn't said that. He now tells me that he can't fix it because it's not possible. But I still have excess skin. Could get my eyelid to crease where he made his incisions w/ another surgery?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Revision Upper Eyelid Surgery

+1

Yes, eyelid surgery generally may be revised after an appropriate amount of time. The eyelid may be lifted higher, more skin removed, or other cosmetic procedures to help improve the eyelid appearance. There is great variety in cosmetic eyelid surgery. Without photographs and a more detailed history, it's difficult for plastic surgeons to provide a more specific answer. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a surgeon help determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/eyelid-surgery.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revising eyelid surgery must be done carefully

+2

To begin to answer your question, it would be imperative to have photos, before and after of your eyelids.  An examination is also necessary to measure distances of the remaining skin of the lids and the laxity of the remaining skin.  Most important is to allow all the tissues to heal and relax so any planned revision is not being done on healing/tight tissue which may compromise the evaluation.  Generally speaking, if not too much skin has been removed, some additional skin can be taken, but care must be used to avoid over resection or the lids can't close.

Revision eyelid surgery

+2
Changing the position of your eyelid crease is a precise surgery that requires meticulous measurements. For a revision with those spe ific issues, an oculoplastic surgeon may be best suited for best results
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid surgery revision

+1

One must be careful in removing eyelid skin.  If too much skin is removed from the upper eyelid then one may have difficulty closing the lids leading to corneal exposure.  This is known as lagophthalmos.  If there is enough residual excess skin then a revision may be possible.  I would seek a second opinion to see if you are a candidate for surgery.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Could I have revision eyelid lift?

+1

It could be possible to have eyelid revision surgery.Without examining you or seeing pictures of you, it is hard to say exactly which procedure would give you the best results. There are several options out there that can correct excess skin. Your anatomy and situation will determine which procedure is best. I would find a plastic surgeon that you feel completely comfortable with and specializes in dealing with the eye area. Make sure you look at their before and after work and ask to speak with their patients who have had similar procedures done. This will give you a good idea of what to expect, but keep in mind every patient is different.

Upper Eyelid Lift Revision

+1
Without an exam much less a picture it is impossible to specifically comment on your case. For a surgical revision to have a chance of success, the surgeon must understand what was done originally and why it failed. Generally speaking if you still have excess skin and can close your eyes a revisin and repositioning of the scar in the crease should still be possible. Dr Peter A Aldea

Eyelid crease after blepharoplasty

+1

Revision blepharoplasty can be performed for many issues with the eyelid crease.  Without seeing pictures it is difficult to determine your specific issue.  If there is remaining excess skin, this can also often be removed with a revision surgery at the same time.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid creases

+1

Eyelid creases can be adjusted modestly. This usually falls at the spot just at or  above the tarsal crease( cartilage in your eye lid).

Eyelid lift revision

+1

With in reason, the eyelid crease can be adjusted by revision surgery.  It would be best for you to meet with a surgeon for an in-person evaluation to determine your options.  

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Revision eyelid lift

+1

Yes you can but you failed to post any photos so my answer is purely a guess. Seek opinions in person. Best of luck from MIAMI DR. B