Looking to do a revision.. How much of a difference is there between 545cc and 595cc silicone for a patient of my frame? (photo)

Had 425 cc silicone, mod+ implants placed under the muscle, putting me at a very small 36D. I LOVE my surgeon's work, just unhappy about my size which I chose. was looking to be a solid D, to balance my larger lower body. I stand at 5'6". 157 lbs. 42" hips. 29" waist. Sizers were extremely inaccurate for my body. Want to go up at least 150 cc's but there's no size in the 570cc range, so I want to know if there's a significant difference between 545cc and 595cc for someone of my frame?

What is a noticeable difference in implant size?

+1
Our general rule of thumb is that 100 cc's is a noticeable difference, whether going larger or smaller, but there are obviously a lot of variables. Confounding the issue is the inadequacy of the cup size system, which is only partly related to breast volume. Once you get into the large implant range, problems are more common so keep that in mind. You may benefit from a 3D analysis with VECTRA or similar technology to help visualize the possibilities.

Larger implants will not solve your problem

+1
At size 36 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From your photograph, it appears your breasts are asymmetrical with approximately 100 cc’s difference. You have undergone a Wise pattern lift and your implants have extruded inferior to the muscle. Larger implants will result in more extrusion, displacement and will require revision. I recommend a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. A circumareola incision is used to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall will maximize the projection of the implant. This technique uses smaller implants then you have now or slightly larger to correct asymmetry on the smaller side. Simply going to larger implants will not fit and you will require a revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Looking to do a revision.. How much of a difference is there between 545cc and 595cc silicone for a patient of my frame?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  The difference in volume and “clinical difference” between the breast implant sizes you mention will not be very significant.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation revisionary surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Size

+1
There are implants in the 575cc range in moderate (+) with Mentor and 545 and 595 with Sientra. Obviously the diaameters of the implants are different and one would need to examine you to see what would work. The diameter of your present implant is very close to the HP implants from Sentra if that is any help Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Is there a difference between 545 and 595 cc implants?

+1
I would tell you there is very little difference, if you are currently unhappy with your 425 cc implants I would recommend increasing the size to 595 if they fit your frame and base width, we find most women 3 months after surgery wish they would have went a bit larger. Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon