How Much Difference Will it Be to Go From 250cc to 375-400cc.

6 months ago I had a lift with 250cc HP silicon unders, as that was all my surgeon could fit at the time. In a few months once I am healed he says it is possible ro revise this to 375-400cc. My question is how will this affect the shape and size, is it worth it and will any difference by very noticable. I am fitting into a C cup now and am 110 lbs and 5feet 3 inches tall. Thanks. I am including before and after my first op.

How does Implant Volume Effect Cup Size?

+1

Enhancing the implant volume increases cup size.    It depends on the shape of the patient and breast to know how much cup size will increase.  For many patients of average height and weight, 175 - 200 cc of implant volume will correspond to a cup size.  This may be less for petite patients and more for broader chested patients.  If you already have implants and really like them, it really requires some thought if it is worth it to have another surgical procedure to further enhance them.

Breast Revision

+1

Your frame is small and a “C” is a good size.  Going bigger will increase the appearance of gaining weight, and may detract from your hips, and create a little imbalance in size.  Balance and symmetry is what we strive for, and making the entire shape believable, and not an “over surgical” look.  Discuss this with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and remember that more surgery increases your chance of scar tissue and capsule contractures.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

Increasing the implant size from 250cc to 375-400cc will give you a noticeable change.  It will most likely increase your bra size by at least one cup.  Whether the revision surgery is "worth it" or not is up to you.  Are you happy with your current implant size and shape?  Do you want to go larger?  Talk with your plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and potential risks for revisional surgery.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

Unfortunately, it is difficult to answer question because “is it worth it” and “will it be noticeable” are very subjective patient dependent questions.

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

How Much Diff Will it Be to Go From 250cc to 375-400cc. Answer:

+1

I generally tell my patients that they need to go at least 100cc to even see a difference and usually that ends up being almost one cup size. But if you are completely under the muscle, there is only so much room for an implant and placing a bigger one can look a bit top heavy, pushing your nipples down. To avoid this problem, the solution is to release the bottom of the muscle. But now without the support, you risk the implants dropping too low! Proceed with caution and discuss with your doctor

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant exchange

+1

The implants that were placed were not very large, and possibly you could have went larger at that time. An exam would be important to assess the elasticity of your tissues as well as the base width of your breasts and your specific goals.

Going larger by 150 cc should be a noticeable difference

+1

If you plan to go to a larger implant by the amount of 150 cc's or more, you should experience a noticeable difference.  Generally, we would be talking about one or more cup size difference, from a B to a C cup, or from a C to a D cup. 

James Tang, MD

250cc to 400cc is noticable

+1

As a general rule the increase of  about 150cc is necessary for a noticeable difference in your result, though you should consider the change only if it is your idea. The projection will increase as well and we suggest a more moderate profile implant if you choose to make a switch.

peterejohnsonmd

Implant Change

+1

Sarah...I'm not sure why 250 was the largers that could initially be placed.  Looking at you now I'd probably suggest changing to a middle (moderate plus) profile implant as you could certainly use the width.  I do think the change will be very noticable and, in my opinion, it may make you a bit large for your frame.  The size is not out of the realm for your frame though.  Scott Newman, MD FACS

Scott E. Newman, MD, FACS