Can You Get a Revision Breast Surgery if You Are Not Happy with the Size & Position of Nipples? (photo)

Hi guys, I had a breast enlargement 5 weeks ago today and I am becoming more & more unhappy with them as they are continuing to drop & fluff. There are 2 things I am really unhappy with, the size is not as big as i requested regardless of showing numerous photographs of my ideal cup size, and the nipple position is off and seems to be getting worse rather than better. Is it possible to get revision to sort the nipple position & replace with bigger implants? Thanks for ur help! :-)

Revision of Breast Implants

+2

Pennypoppet-If you were my patient I would encourage you to relax and let your body heal. Your 5 day photos are really quite good and I would expect over time the nipple asymmetry will correct itself and your size will probably be two cup sizes larger than preop. In thin people like yourself it will take about 6 months for your body to stretch allowing the implants to settle and become more natural looking. If after 6 months if you are still unhappy with the cup size then consult with your Plastic Surgeon about a revision. It looks like he used the largest implants your body would accept as we are limited by your thin chest and the diameter of the implant. You look good early- enjoy your new breasts.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Revisionary Breast Surgery after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear  by your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. As you have probably heard, it is too early to evaluate the end results of the procedure performed 5 weeks ago. Best to make this evaluation several months from now ( around 6 months best).

At that point, if you have significant breast asymmetry present, revisionary breast surgery will likely be helpful. Adjustment of the breast implant pockets may be helpful in improving  the symmetry;  exactly what would be recommended will depend on the situation at that time.

Whether or not you will be able to “go bigger” is hard to know without direct examination.  Keep in mind, that  your first priority should be safety and avoidance of further complications.  Using implants too large for your frame will  potentially lead to other types of complications, such as breast implant malposition  and/or significant rippling/palpability of the breast implants.

Can You Get a Revision Breast Surgery if You Are Not Happy with the Size & Position of Nipples

+2

The answer is yes, you can. But a bit of patience may make that unnecessary, or at least avoid a premature decision about size. 

There seems to be some pre-op difference between the breasts, though the photo is deceptive since one arm is elevated, and that will distort the appearance. 

Many patients who wind up with perfectly even are asymmetric at one month after surgery. the implants are compressed by the pectoral muscles, and each has a different strength, and each relaxes to accomodate the implants at its own pace.  

Nipples and areolas look uneven in size and position. I can't tell if that was true or not before surgery. If so, implants alone would not correct that. 

My suggestion would be patience for a few more months as these settle, and then regroup to evaluate what if anything still bothers you and what can be done. All the best. 

Breast Implant Revision - Now or Later?

+1

Implant size and nipple adjustments can be done after any breast augmentation surgery. But these issues should not be considered for at least 3 to 6 months after the initial procedure. You need to give the implants time to settle and have you adjust to your new look. Coming from where you started this is a big change and both your breast tissues and mind need to time to settle and adjust. You don't want to jump in too early, have a revision, have something change and then be in need of another revision. Revisional surgery does not work well when you are chasing a 'moving target'.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD