Revision Breast Lift Needed

I lost about 65 lbs and then had a breast lift about 8 months ago, leaving me at a small D. I have since been leaning out more and am a very saggy C now. Would a revision with very small implants help the firmness or will I end up with loose skin again once all is said and done. I am only 29 and am so upset. I have worked so hard to change my life and I still can't wear the clothes I want or be comfortable in my body.

Breast Implants For Lifted Breast After Weight Loss

+4

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your weight loss. If the Breast Lift has positioned your nipple properly and the shape of your breast is normal, then Breast Implants may be all you need to regain breast fullness.

Revision Breast Lift?

+1

Congratulations on your continued healthy lifestyle and weight loss.

One of the downsides of continued weight loss is what you have experienced. Revisionary press surgery will likely help you;  this will likely involve further mastopexy and/or breast augmentation.

One of the major considerations is timing of the surgery  in relation to your life circumstances. Some patients prefer to wait until they have completed pregnancies and/or are in stable long-term relationships.

Keep up the good work and don't despair;  I think you will find that the revisionary surgery ( hopefully done when  you  have achieved your long-term stable weight)  will be very helpful.

Breast lift

+1

By eliminating sagging breast skin, repositioning breast tissue and elevating the nipples, a breast lift can help patients regain a more youthful look and feel better about themselves.

Michael W. Niccole, MD

Breast lift after weight loss can produce spectacular results

+1
A breast lift after weightloss can be performed in different ways, some are more stable than the other. However you have to realize no matter what you do, two factors will always be affecting your breasts: gravity and loss of tissue elasticity that comes with aging and weightloss. It is impossible to say what is the best option for you, but three options are available to you: do nothing, redo the lift, or add an implant to fill in the loose skin. The implant option needs to be considered carefully because the added weight of an implant will accelerate the effect of gravity on your breasts. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breast lift procedures improve breast shape

+1

A set of photos would be helpful. Breast implants and vertical breast lift techniques can be used together to provide beautiful and long-lasting breast enhancement results.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Revision breast lift?

+1

If your weight is stable, you could proceed with a revision now.  If you are still planning more weight loss, you should wait until your weight is stable.  You have seen what can happen if you have a lift based on a weight that then changes...as you "leaned out", your breasts delated more and re-sagged to some degree.  The question now is whether your breasts have deflated but stayed up where they belong, in which case implants are the answer, or whether they have restretched and are hanging over too much, in which case a re-tightening revision lift would be needed in addition to placing implants to fill out the breast.  No lift alone will give you reliable upper pole fullness, and after massive weight loss there is a stretching and looseness of the skin of the chest and upper breast as well as in the lower breast, while lifts only tighten the lower portion of the breast while lifting nipples and reducting overhang.  Therefore, to fill out the mid to upper breast, an implant is often needed.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast lift

+1

Congratulations to your weight loss  !!!!

Soft tissue and skin we inherit and when they are "loose" we cannot  change them surgically. 

An implant sometimes though saves the day as it provides cleavage, upper fullness and with scarring around the implants provides some "firmness" (think about "internal velcro effect").

Ultimately you have to talk to your Plastic Surgeon. He has done your previous surgery, saw and felt your tissues. Have him re evaluate you!

Good luck, I am sure you will look good.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation after lift

+1

Patients who have lost alot of weight often develop deflated breasts as well.  A small implant may do the trick for you to fill them out. But without an exam it is hard to say.

Breast Lift

+1

Breast lift results may be enhanced with breast implants. I would encourage you to become as lean as your are ever planning to be before you decide on future treatment. Hopefully that will help the results to last. I suspect you will need a larger implant than you think.

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Secondary breast lifts

+1

You should be proud of your weight loss. Unfortunately, there can be disappointment when your body's shape is not what you wanted (or expected)  it to be.   What you must accept is that your tissues will never be the same as someone who has not lost so much weight.  They are more stretchy.  This is why procedures done after massive weight loss are more difficult and involved.  More internal work has to be done and secondary surgery is almost the norm rather than the exception especially with breast lifts.  I usually plan them in two stages for this reason.  You need to and have your breast tissues tightened again and perhaps a small implant put in.  Often large breasts are too wide and I remove just a little tissue from the inner and outer aspects to narrow them a bit.  This will reduce the size some and may compensate for the additional implant volume. Don't despair.  You're moving in the right direction.  You're just not there, yet.

Lori H. Saltz, MD