Revision Breast Augmentation? (photo)

Hello, I am in need of reassurance. I am currently 5 days post op of my revision surgery. The goal was to achieve more cleavage and to round out flat breast. The top photo was taken a day before the surgery(7 mo post original surgery). Bottom photo is 5 days post my revision surgery, same surgeon. The cleavage is achieved, and now my breast are round where were flat before. BUT, please notice the side of the breast now. Looks like the boob doesn't have room to fall into place. I am devastated!

Concerns after Breast Revisionary Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Keep in mind, that your own plastic surgeon will be in the best position to provide you with meaningful advice and/or reassurance.

Having said that, based on the photographs, I think that you are doing well considering that you are 5 days out of surgery. It seems like your plastic surgeon has done a nice job for you;  keep in mind that it may take several months for you to see the final results of surgery. This time period is required to allow for swelling to resolve and for the breast implants and take their final position.  It will also take time for you to physically and mentally adjust to the new position of the breast implants.

I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast implant revision for cleavage and lateral fullness.

+1

Thank you for the photos.  It looks like you have a very good result so far.  It is still very early in your post operative course. Please remember that reasonable expectations are important.  Please contact your plastic surgeon about your concerns.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast Implant Revision to Improve Medial Fullness

+1

The early results represent a major improvement and I would be very happy with that result.  As swelling subsides and the implants drop, there will continue to be some subtle changes in breast shape.

Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

As a surgeon, I would be pleased with this result. I see cleavage, and a see  more round looking breasts. On the photo on the right, the only one on which both breasts can be seen, the sides of the breast appear pretty much unchanged. 

If your expectations were not met, I am not sure what they actually were. 

Thanks for the question, and for the posted photos. Best wishes. 

Lack of lateral fullness of the breast

+1

I think you achieved your initial desire, which was to get better cleavage.  To get better cleavage AND lateral fullness requires a larger dimeter implant , which means more volume.  If you go there you will have VERY BIG BREASTS. Be careful what you ask for.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Your breast implant revision looks good to me.

+1

Dear Devastated,

Your revision result is exellent.  And you are only 5 days post op.  I am concerned that you think it is possible to have someone else's breasts put on your chest.  It does not work that way.  Your individual anatomy not only limits what can be done, it has a huge influence on the final result.  You should be pleased, not devastated. 

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Revision Breast Augmentation

+1

After reviewing the posted photos and your written issues I am at a loss. You have achieved the requested changes and even as early as 5 days post operative they are noted. Maybe an in person discussion with your surgeon concerning realistic expectations and achievable results might be beneficial. Because your happiness is very  important but if the results look good to us experts over the internet than the concern is what were you expecting. 

You have great results based on the pictures

+1

You have asked your surgeon for cleavage and he/she has given you the cleavage. The shift of the pocket toward the middle, will leave less tissue laterally. Your results will improve with time .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what is not falling into place without a physical exam. 5 days post surgery is not enough time to give you final results. You are still healing  You need to give it at least 6-9 months to get final results.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Revision #BreastAugmentation Results

+1

From your photos, it appears that you have had the changed you requested. If you wanted more cleavage then you have to sacrifice volume/implant on the sides. Its likely that your surgeon sutured internally to push the implant toward the middle. Thus, there will be less breast to the side. 

The result is far from devastating and you have to realize that there are only so many things surgery can accomplish. Be patients as your breast will continue to evolve over time.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD