Revision of Breast Augmentation, How Long Should I Wait?

I had a breast augumentation done Oct. 2011 but I am not satisfied with my breast size. How long should I wait to undergo surgery to make them larger?

Timing of breast volume increase.

+1

This is a fairly common scenario. I typically ask patients to wait 3-6 months before proceeding with further inflation of implants. You should be ready at any time now. Make sure you communicate your desired size increase with your surgeon.

Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Want To Go Larger With Revisionary Surgery?

+1

In my opinion, at this point (9 months post op), if you are not happy with the size of your breast size, you can proceed with revisionary surgery.  Your body has healed and the implants have probably settled and if size is the only factor, then I believe it's OK to have surgery and increase your breast size.

I would ask that you clearly communicate with your surgeon.  I ask patients to bring in goal photos because a "c cup" may mean different things to different people.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Augmentation mammoplasty, revision

+1

Now you are 10 months post op. By this time the implants are settled and you have a pretty good idea about the shape and the size of your breasts and you know what you want. I think it is quite safe to proceed with the revision. However make sure you are choosing the right size of implants at this time. You do not want to go for another revision.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Best time for implant revision

+1

After nine months, if you are not satisfied with your breast volume then you may consider a revision surgery.   Talk it over with your plastic surgeon to determine if you would benefit from a change of implant volume.  

Revision breast augmentation

+1

Dear Tigerlady23,

you are now 9 months post surgery. Most healing, swelling and scar tissues have settled down by now.

if you wish to go larger, there is no reason to wait.

Good Luck

sincerely,

F. Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Six months is long enough to wait for augmentation revision

+1

As a general rule three to six months is enough to allow the implnats to settle in and conform and shape within the breast, and if you are indeed unhappy with the breast size and wish to go larger this will be the right time to do so.

+1

If after 9 months you are not satisfied with the size, there is no reason for you  to wait any longer. 

Most surgeons ask patients to wait 3 or 6 months before a change, because we have found that many women eventually are pleased with the size that seemed too small or too large early on. 

It sounds like you are ready.