Do I Need Revision Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift? (photo)

I had breast augmentation along with beneli lift 16 weeks ago, I do not like how my breast sit low and I have no upper pole fullness or cleavage. I have natrelle 68mp 330 filled to 360cc. What would be my best route on revision at this point??

Mastopexy with Augmentation

+2

First of all, I think you look great... but if you want "perkier" breasts, I think you can get the result you want with a full mastopexy or breast lift.  It will require more scars (down the front of your breast and in the crease) but you can get that more rounded, full and "perky" breast.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus, OH Plastic Surgeon

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Full Breast Lift

+1
You can consider a full breast lift to make your breasts perkier in contour. Your implants may also be replaced with ones that have more projection (a more narrow base).

Jerome Edelstein, MD

A periareolar mastopexy is seldom a good choice of operations.

+1

Many patients who have the periareolar mastopexy are disappointed by the overall shape of the breasts postoperatively. More formal mastopexy will give better projection, better volume in the upper pole of the breast, and better overall dimensions to the breast.

Do I Need Revision Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

+1

A before photo would help. But I do see minor asymmetries but is it worth an additional surgery becomes the question/concern? 

Reasonable expectations...

+1

First of all, its too early to consider a revision but more importantly you have to share your concerns with your PS.  Most women, who aren't eighteen, with large breasts will have some degree of sagging.  Also, its important to understand where you started from...some women have more natural cleavage than others, some women's breasts point outwards more than others, some women's breasts start higher on their chest walls than others, etc.  If you truly want more upper pole fullness and cleavage you may consider going with larger, higher profile implants.  If you want even more of a "lift" you can have a vertical (lollipop) breast lift. Good Luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Breast revision following a doughnut mastopexy

+1

If you desire a perkier breast with more upper pole fullness then you will need a vertical or lollipop type breast lift.  It is possible that you were a good candidate for the doughnut type mastopexy but all operations have some degree of unpredictably.   Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.   

Limitation of the Benelli lift

+1

Hi CarolineSC,

I am going to copy and paste my response to a patient who posted her preoperative photos asking if she was a candidate for a Benelli lift with implants:

Q: Would I Be Able to Get Away with a Doughnut Lift with Implants? (photo)

A: Doughnut lift
Hi romanholiday,
     Your question and your breast shape are not uncommon.  Women with droopy breasts often want to undergo a breast lift procedure but with minimal amount of scarring. There is often the dilemma to choose between the Benelli lift and the lollipop, or even the anchor.  The Benelli lift sounds attractive.  It involves only one incision around the areola. You actually could undergo that procedure.  However, you must ask yourself what your goals are.  If you want to raise your breast so it sits above your fold, that is, so no breast touches your rib cage below, the Benelli lift will not do that.  If you want the ideal shape where the breast is full and smoothly converges  to the nipple areola complex, the Benelli lift will not do that.  If you want the quality of the scar to be as inconspicuous as possible, then the Benelli lift scar often is quite noticeable, and the permanent suture under the areola can sometimes be seen felt.  All the Benelli lift will do is raise your nipple areola complex somewhat,  and it will tighten your skin envelope somewhat.
     The only way to raise your breasts so that they do sit above your fold, have an ideal shape, and most likely have excellent, inconspicuous incisions is to undergo the vertical mammaplasty technique.   This technique  involves a lollipop type of incision.  These incisions usually heal quite good and are usually difficult to see after one year.   Also, as opposed to the Benelli lift which is a pure skin lift, the vertical mammaplasty uses the internal architecture of the breast to support the lift.  This results in a much longer longevity to the lift compared to only skin support.

Without seeing your pre-operative photos, my guess is that the amount of upper pole fullness and cleavage you currently have is not much more compared to if you had no lift at all.  To achieve upper pole fullness along with good cleavage, an implant is necessary.  This implant, however, needs to sit high enough to produce this effect.  The lower pole of the breast along with the inframammary fold will dictate where the implant will settle. A Benelli lift does nothing to raise the inframammary fold, and negligibly tighten the lower pole of the breast. This is why you are less than satisfied with your results.  For you to achieve better cleavage and more upper pole fullness, you either need a larger implant with more roundness on top, or the lower pole of your breasts need to be tightened.

The best way to tighten the lower pole of your breasts is to undergo a vertical mammaplasty.  This will require you to have  a lollipop type of incision.  When properly done without tension, with few exceptions,  this incision is very difficult to see after the healing process is complete.

Good luck,

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

Further Breast Reshaping Requires A Different Type of Breast Lift

+1

There is no harder breast reshaping operation than the combination lift with implants. While it is easy to critiique the result now that the tissues are relaxed after healing, they likely were lifted and filled to as much as the tissues would stretch at the time surgery. To take your result to another level, you will need more implant volume and a true vertical lift. You are exhibiting the limitations of the Benelli lift, an operation which has very limited breast lifting capability.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Revision Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift

+1

Sorry to hear that you are not fully satisfied with your original breast implant surgery.  It appears that the concerns you have are valid in viewing the provided photo.  Your breasts appear to be quite natural.  There is not a lot of upper pole breast fullness and the nipple areolar complexes don't seem to be as high as some may like.  You should address your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Unfortunately, the only way to lift the breasts further would be to convert to a more formal breast lift with at least a vertical breast scar and possibly a scar in the lower fold of the breast.  This may make your result look more full at the top and better cleavage, but it comes at the price of the scars on the breast.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Revisionary Surgery after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation/lifting surgery. To achieve your goals it may be necessary to increase breast implant size and/or perform additional breast lifting ( associated with additional scars).  Address your concerns and goals with your plastic surgeon;  in my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures  to help with this communication process. Before you embark on any additional surgery, make sure you have realistic expectations as to what can be accomplished and have considered the pros/cons of additional surgery carefully.