Can Revision Become a Solution to my Problem? (photo)

I had rhino-septoplasty done 1 year ago.The results are unsatisfying.The nasal bridge became wider(probably due to osteotomy absence).There is a dent on the lefy side of the bridge.The tip is more bulbous than it was and the lenght is shorter which doesn't benefit my features. Dear,doctors,I apply to those who have experience in revisions.What can be done in order to bring back the lenght of the nose and thinner the bridge at the base of the nose?

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

Narrowing osteotomies with tip revision including cartilage resection and suture techniques will give you the nose you desire.  An inperson consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials would be prudent.

revision rhinoplasty

+1

Revision Rhinoplasty is a discipline all in of  itself.  Look for a surgeon who has performed thousands, not hundreds of revision rhinoplasty surgeries and has dedicated a significant portion of their practice to this procedure.  Your nose will still need more refinement, such as narrowing the bridge with osteotomies, narrowing the tip  with a combination of tip /dome suturing and a conservative removal of cartilage.   Any dents on the sidewall can be addressed with a small softened cartilage graft. Computer imaging during the consultation may help as well 

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

I think that it is best to be seen in person for evaluation of your  nose. Photos can distort things a bit.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

Hi there,

As you are aware, revision rhinoplasty is often challenging.  In your case, it might be less so.  This is because in general the most common cause for a revision is that the nose is overdone, with excessive removal of bone and cartilage.  In your case, the nose looks underdone and even though there will be some scar present, I suspect the surgery will be more akin to a primary rhinoplasty technically than a revision in your case.

As others have said, consultations with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon as definitely the place to start.

All the best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

You are far enough out of surgery to contemplate revising your surgery. The bony nasal vault can be narrowed, the tip can be further narrowed and defined and the depression on the left side of the bridge can probably be softened as well. Typically, a consultation with a nasal surgeon will allow you to have all of your concerns answered and the surgeon can lay out an appropriate plan to address the problems you have. A copy of the original surgeon's operative note would be helpful to have for planning purposes as well. You should be able to address your issues with a relatively high degree of probability, providing you see an experienced surgeon.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Revision #rhinoplasty options

+1

From your photos, I can see some of the issues you mention but not all. There is a depression on the left central aspect of the nose as seen from the front and the tip remains somewhat bulbous. But, your bridge seems to be wide on top, not at the base. This should be narrowed to further refine the nose. Secondary rhinoplasties are a challenging operation and you should seek out someone with significant experience in this arena. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD