Can a Revision and Improvement Be Made to Neck and Chin over Correction and Scar Under Chin? (photo)

I had a lower facelift and have a long scar under my chin and deep scooped out area as seen in pics. The scar is deep and causes a double, double chin! Can this be corrected?

Secondary Neck Lift Surgery

+1
Your appearance can be caused by different factors and depends to a significant extent of how long it has been since surgery, the technique used, and treatments done thus far. You then need an exam from an experienced board certified plastic surgeon with familiarity of correcting secondary neck lift problems.

That being said I think that improvement is quite possible in the right hands.

Yes, improvement can be expected

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The short answer is that the issues you present in the photos can be improved.  What is causing the irregularities and what solution would be best for you requires careful evaluation of what was done, what is currently occurring, and what you would like to achieve.  I would recommend seeking consultation with several well qualified board certified plastic surgeons.  Your best course of action will be to open up the entire area and correct all of the issues that are present.  This will require a full neck lift revision.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Problem with neck lift result

+1

Thank you for your post-face lift photos. I am sorry this happened to you. Internal scarring and excess fat removal seem likely. I suggest:

• a careful exam and operative report review to determine the cause(s),
  • consider frequent very dilute steroid injections for thick scar,
  • re-operate at 6 months.
  • If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or if s/he is but you have lost confidence in him/her, consult a member of the ASAPS, Board Certified Surgeons specializing in aesthetic surgery. Best wishes. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Can a Revision and Improvement Be Made to Neck and Chin over Correction and Scar Under Chin?

+1

I have performed Face Lifts for over 25 years and IMHO, from the photos provided, the roll under the chin is most likely due to muscle plication and or fat removal to that area as a localized Neck Lift.  The excess fat can be removed and the skin flaps flattened out but this will most likely require a Full Neck Lift at this point.  Hope this helps.  

Correction of Facelift Scar and Neck Depression

+1

Correction of Facelift scars and neck depression can be corrected.  Discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon as to the best time to do this. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Correction of facelift scar and neck depression and roll.

+1

Correction of facelift scar and neck depression and roll can be corrected but you should wait at least 4-6 months.

Revisional Cosmetic Surgery

+1

Yes, certainly something can be done to improve your post operative appearance/ condition. Consider obtaining a copy of your operative report. A physical exam will be a necessity to determine on how best to correct your concern. Consider a consult with a member of the ASAPS in your area. They are experts in revisional cosmetic surgery.  Best,

Gary Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Fold in Neck after Neck Lift

+1

This may be encountered in cases of fluid collection, extremely loose skin, aggressive fat resection, or a combination.  I would wait at least 3 to 6 months before doing a revision.  In short, some of the skin can be removed to improve the result.

Neck and chin issue

+1

Yes, it looks like you have an indented scar and more information would be helpful to determine why you developed this.