1 Year and 3 Months Later - Nose is Making No Progress?

It has been 1 yr & 3 mo. since my revision rhino of which I had my too-big silicone L-shaped implant removed & replaced with ear cartilage. Nose is still very wide & big with no obvious tip. Is it still swelling? It looks worst in mornings. Talked to surgeon & he wasn't very confident it's swelling anymore. I have thick skin & weak cartilages-partial Asian descent. Surgeon advised to gently squeeze nose to reduce swelling. Nothing happened. Would a "NOSE CLIP/HUGGIE" work better? Thanks!

Nasal clip to improve swelling following rhinoplasty.

+2

At this point, very little further reduction in swelling will occur.  The edema (fluid present between the cells) in the soft tissues of the nose is essentially stabilized.  The pressure applied using the nose clip will not have any long term effect when it is removed.  Furthermore, the clips carry the risk of possible permanent scarring due to critical lack of blood supply if applied with too great a pressure or for too long.  In order to further modify your nose at this point, another revision surgery will likely be necessary which may nor not be worth the risk.

Mario J, Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changes 15 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

15 months after your revision rhinoplasty, changes in the future will be minor and subtle. In 35 years of rhinoplasty surgery I have never recommended one of these clips or "toys". Continue to work with your surgeon to follow your progression.