How to Reverse the Effects of Skin Bleaching?

Doctors, Dermatologists or .M.D.s, Last year I used a skin bleaching cream without knowing it was a skin bleach - for a month maximum. I would like to know go on about reversing what I have done to my skin - it has been a year now and I'm still much lighter than my original complexion. Doctors haven't been much help here in the UK - they just said not worry about it. CAROLIGHT cream contained chemicals Retin - A and Hydroquinone. Thanks Feel free to message/ offer advice Best Regards

Thank you for your question. Typically after discontinuing usage of bleaching agent the skin returns to its original color. You may want to avoid sun exposure and to wear a sunscreen with SPF 30 and zinc oxide to prevent the surrounding skin from darkening as this will accentuate the lighter bleached skin.  Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.