Can I Reverse the Effects of Bleached Skin?

I had bed bug on my right arm and used bleaching cream with sunscreen and got burns very red burns use cream to heal it but its left a very dry and dark mark on my arm shoulder to wrist how do i go by repairing my natural color ":(

Reversing Effects of Bleached Skin?

+1

Thank you for your question. After a burn or trauma to a skin you can get darkening called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. The best way to avoid further darkening is to avoid sun exposure and to use a sunscreen with SPF 30 and zinc oxide to protect the area. The scar make take months to return to its normal color. If after a few months the color has not returned and the area has completely healed you may want to consider pursuing laser treatments to correct the color if you are a good candidate. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist for the most effective and safe treatment options.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Try using Pigmentation creams

+1

With prolonged exposure to bleaching, even the weaker over the counter formulations, there is progressive sooty darkening, inflammation, irritation, thickening and hyperpigmentation of the skin (darkened bluish/gray patches of skin). This condition is called onchronosis and individuals with darker complexions are at higher risk of getting it after prolonged use. It can occur with frequent bleaching in less than a year.

Use creams that reduce pigmentation . Use it for Spot Treatments and not allover.

India Dermatologist