Can I Reverse Fat Grafting to my Cheeks After 6 Years?

I had fat grafting to my cheeks 6 years ago, and the results were permanent. Not much disappeared. I had more fat grafted around my cheeks to change the proportions, but that just made my face looked fatter. I then had some fat removed with microlipo, but not enough. The fat is so much a part of my facial structure now. I've got the bigsculpted cheeks whereas before my face was small and angular. Very different from how I used to look, and I never got used to it. What about ATX-101?

How to reverse fat grafting

+3

HI,

Over the last decade fat grafting has become a much more popular procedure. In the right hands it can be an excellent way to add volume to the face or other parts of the body. Unfortunately the survival of the fat is variable and in your case it sounds like too much survived (rarely the problem). Micro lipo with a very small cannula is probably the most precise method for fat removal. Any injectable agent is going to have a variable result and ATX-101 is not yet FDA approved. I recommend that you try the lipo procedure again. 

Regards,

Daniel Medalie MD

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon