Is It Possible to Reverse Asian Eyelid Surgery?

I had asian eyelid surgery six days ago and the eyelid creases are too high, can it be lowered? Or will they lower on they own soon? Also, its too tight. Thank you.

Your crease always look higher at first but I would mention this to your physician

+1

Your crease always look higher at first but I would mention this to your physician.  Only he will know how the procedure was done.  His experience will allow him to make that judgement.  Usually the crease will go down progressively over the next weeks to months. If your surgeon felt that it was too high he could release it at the one week point and reattach to a lower point.  If this were the case 6 month later than I would be a little more concerned.  There are ways to make the crease go down.  The limiting factor is the amount of skin taken during the original procedure.  If there is a lot of skin taken then it will present a more difficult scenario in terms of making the crease go to a lower point.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian eyelid surgery

+1

Asian eyelid surgery is very unique from non-Asian eyelid surgery.  The Anatomy of the Asian eyelid is such that the lid crease is very low down on the eyelid, or the crease is not even formed.  Many Asian patients request to have a lid crease created, termed a "double eyelid" procedure.  However, it is very important not to place the eyelid crease too high or the Asian eyelid looses it's unique features.

You cannot tell six days after surgery what the final eyelid crease height will be, it is too soon.  The eyelid crease height will fluctuate for four to six weeks after surgery depending on the amount of postoperative bleeding, swelling, type of procedure, even the types of sutures used.  Contact your surgeon and discuss what you are feeling.  This might all be normal given it is very early in the postoperative period.

Boaz J. Lissauer, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon