Ask a doctor

Reversal Underbite Surgery - Need Help

Hi All, I had surgery 2 correct my slight undrbite problm exactly a year ago, Bt im still unhappy. I used to like my prominent jaw, i had told my Dr. 2 move my jaw only a bit inside so i will nt chnge mush the way i luk. Bt my jaw gone too much inside & my cheeks r even more flat nw. My frends & others r keep askin "wat hppnd 2 u? U luk so lean." Nw im living wth the regrets,day n night. I thought i wuld b more confident 2smile &hapy.Nw i badly need reversal it possible?

Doctor Answers (1)

Bite is corrected but now unhappy with smaller jaw and chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should not have the surgery reversed if your occlusion is correct. Discuss an osseous genioplasty or chin implant with your surgeon.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.