Does the Revage 670 Work? Will It Really Make Thinning Hair Grow More?

I have heard a lot about Laser Combs for stimulating hair growth. The Revage 670 laser is apparently a device using the same wavelenght, but a lot more power. Has anybody had any experience with it? Is it worth it?

Revage 670 and Hair Thinning

+1

It should not cause any harm trying it out. I do not have much confidence in the laser hair loss treatment devices as the results are usually very minimal, if any at all.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Revage 670 Results

+1

I offer two different technologies in my practice: the Revage 670 and the Sunetics Lasers.  They both work very well if the protocol is properly followed.  When looking into low level light laser options you want to stay away from LED lights. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Revage and igrow same technology dissapointing results.

+1

We have been  offering low level level laser light and LED light for our patients with thinning hair as part of a comprehensive treatment program.  I don't think office based programs make much sense because they simply are not practical on a longterm maintenance basis. This is why we transitioned to the home based programs. We have had the most success with patients in early stages of hair loss.  I personally have tried the igrow (same spectum as Revage 670) and can not attest to any substantial hair growth or slowing of progression.  I think it makes best sense in combination with topical minoxidl and oral finestaride.  Hair transplant is still the only permanent means of hair restoration. Best of luck.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

I was very apprehensive about laser technology when it first came out. We tried different lasers and could never get them to produce any results. All that changed when we were introduced to a device called Luce. They are very hard to come by, but if you can find a MD in your area that has one, you should let them take a look at your condition.

I am sure there are other devices out there that claim to have more power, however more power might not make a device better. Get more than 1 opinion as always. 

Good luck with your research!

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revage 670 Laser for hair growth

+1

As of now, there are no clear convincing results. There are some preliminary studies that low level laser treatments may be helpful. It is fairly new in the market and I have not heard any of our patients using it. Rogaine, Propecia and hair transplant are well accepted techniques to increase the hair density.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Revage 670 Laser for Hair Growth

+1

I am not familiar with this laser. I suggest you personally see live patients who have received this treatment comparing them to their pre-laser pictures.