Returning to Work After Breast Augmentation?

After breast augmentation I can only take four days off of work, I'm a cashier and my work doesn't require heavy lifting at all. I was wondering if I were to be okay to return to work after four days?

Return to work after breast augmentation

+1

Returning to work after four days is typically not a problem but, it depends on the individual.  I perform intercostal nerve blocks at the time of surgery.  This involves injecting a long acting local anesthetic along the ribs while you are asleep, anesthetizing the nerves coming off the ribs to the breast.  This minimizes your discomfort and anesthetic and post operatively enables you to recover requiring less pain medicine.  This I feel helps you get back to work more rapidly.  Also warm showers, typically twice a day help to minimize your needs for muscle relaxants if your implants are placed sub pectoral.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Returning To Work After Breast Augmentation.

+1

CAN I RETURN TO WORK 2 DAYS AFTER A BREAST AUGMENTATION/LIFT, I WORK AS A CASHIER?

Generally speaking it is advisable to take at least 7-10 days off after breast augmentation/lift. If your position does not require you to lift, stretch or reach overhead, depending on your surgeon, you may be able to return after 5 days. If you are still taking prescription pain medications it would be advisable to return to work after you stop taking them.

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Returning to Work after Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+1

You will be best off checking with your plastic surgeon about returning to work and other activities.  In my practice, most patients prefer to take 5 to 7 days off before returning to a “desk job” that does not involve lifting. Remember, that you may be using medications at the four-day postop mark and may not be in the best  state of mind to return to your occupation as a cashier.