How Many Return Visits a Year Should I Expect with a Temporary Dermal Filler for my Lips?

Dermal fillers last 6 months to a year so 1-2 times a year for fillers for the lips

+1

This depends on how the fillers work with your body. There are some that the filler lasts less long and others where it lasts a little longer. In the lips, however, the longevity of fillers is shorter lived than other areas due to the higher movement. Another permanent option is silicone lip augmentation. I have a video below that you could watch to learn a little more about lip augmentation.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation results

+1

Fillers for the lips, like Juvederm or Restylane, will last approximately 6-9 months, but does vary from patient to patient. You can expect to need lip filler touch-ups 1-2 times a year. 

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/medical-procedures/injectables/juvederm/

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Dermal filler for lips

+1

It depends on the type of filler used.  Prevelle, which some of my patients love for lip enhancement, lasts only 2 - 3 months but having it injected is easy with very little discomfort and usually no down time.  Other fillers like Juvederm and Restylane last maybe 6 - 8 months but usually have a little more bruising and swelling after injection.  Fat transfer, which has a longer recovery, can last for years.  It all comes down to what the patient wants and what the surgeon is comfortable with.

I no longer do permanent solid implants like Gortex tubes or Alloderm.  I think the above procedures are a better way to enhance the lips.

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com/procedures/non-surgical-procedures/restylane/

Fillers of the lip

+1

Usually a filler will last about 6 months to a year.  So figure once or twice a year to have it redone. 

+1

Most likely twice a year you would return for Restylane or Juvederm to your lips, three times a year if you're a model or in the entertainment industry and want full, pouty lips.  You could also consider Alloderm or one of the other lip implants for a more permanent lip augmentation.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation with Hyaluronic acid does not stay long in my opinion, 3 months max..................

+1

The vast majority of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers on the USA market such as Restylane and Juvederm which are commonly used in Lip Aumentation last from 8 to 12 months. This means 1 to 2 visits a year.

Peter a Aldea, MD