2 weeks post op of Tummy Tuck, can I return to a standing occupation?

Returning to work following a tummy tuck

+1
The postoperative restrictions from your surgery should be clearly outlined by your Plastic Surgeon. The length of time off required typically varies based on what was specifically done - mini vs. full, muscle plication vs. none, extensive lipo vs. none. A quick phone call to your plastic surgeon should suffice.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op of Tummy Tuck, can I return to a standing occupation

+1
Do not listen to any over the internet advise, since we are not responsible for your care after a surgery. ONLY your surgeon should give you that clearance...

+1
Generally by 2 weeks after surgery you should be safe to return to your job even if it involves standing. If you still feel tight and can't stand completely upright you may have to alter your occupational situation somewhat or take more time.  I would certainly recommend calling your plastic surgeons office to get specific work clearance and other activity recommendations since they were the ones that performed your surgery! Hope the recovery is going well!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon