2 weeks post op of Tummy Tuck, can I return to a standing occupation?

When Can I Go Back to Work after Tummy Tuck

Returning to Work after Tummy Tuck depends mainly on the physical demands of your job, and how extensive your surgery is. Your job description only mentions standing but no further details so hard to give you a specific suggestion. Here are some general recommendations given to most of my patients:
Although strenuous activity, and lifting more than ten pounds, must be avoided for 6 weeks, some people can return to work and daily activities as soon as 2 weeks after surgery. Softening of the surgical scars, return of sensation, and loosening of the tight sensation may take several months to a year or more.
Abdominoplasty involves a recovery period of 10 to 14 days longer than most plastic surgical procedures. Initial discomfort and decreased mobility is typical. 3-5 days or more of assistance at home is usually indicated. Light activity is comfortable in 10-20 days. No sports or heavy lifting for 6 weeks or more – please discuss with your doctor for specific recommendations.

3991 MacArthur Boulevard
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Returning to work following a tummy tuck

The postoperative restrictions from your surgery should be clearly outlined by your Plastic Surgeon. The length of time off required typically varies based on what was specifically done - mini vs. full, muscle plication vs. none, extensive lipo vs. none. A quick phone call to your plastic surgeon should suffice.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

660 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431

2 weeks post op of Tummy Tuck, can I return to a standing occupation

Do not listen to any over the internet advise, since we are not responsible for your care after a surgery. ONLY your surgeon should give you that clearance...

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Generally by 2 weeks after surgery you should be safe to return to your job even if it involves standing. If you still feel tight and can't stand completely upright you may have to alter your occupational situation somewhat or take more time.  I would certainly recommend calling your plastic surgeons office to get specific work clearance and other activity recommendations since they were the ones that performed your surgery! Hope the recovery is going well!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, FL 33431