How Soon Can I Return to Intense Physical Training After Lipo?

I am very interested in having my arms, lovehandles, and thighs liposuctioned at some point in the near future. I'm an aerial acrobat currently attending circus school where we do intense physical training for several hours everyday. How long would I have to rest? Would my flexibility be affected?

Liposuction and activity

+1

You really have to give yourself a good two weeks before going back to most activities after liposuction.  It would be longer for more involved procedures.

Return to intense physical training after lipo

+1

Within a few weeks if your healing is normal. But seek opinions and follow the protocol of the operating surgeon. We all have differing views.

From MIAMI DR. B

Liposuction and return to exercise

+1

There is swelling for some time after liposuction and this might affect your flexibility and interfere with your aerial acrobatics. I would be concerned for your safety. Initially you must let it heal so there is less chance of bleeding underneath the skin. Many doctors would say not to resume exercise for between two to four weeks after liposuction. With your physical demands, I would strongly suggest you not listen to any advice but from the surgeon who operates on you as they know your physical exam and will know how much liposuction trauma they will or did induce.