Retracted Alar / Hanging Columella / Supratip Fullness? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 14 weeks ago to correct a hooked nose (see pics) at the time, I also wished for the nostril rim to be slightly reduced to improve the profile view. Since the operation, the majority of the swelling has resolved however there still appears to be swelling above the tip giving the impression of pollybeak and the alar rim appears quite high on the right leading to too much nostril show. Can you please advise if this is temporary or is revision likely to be req'd? Thanks

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

I see a definite improvement after surgery. If you want some additional fine tuning there is nothing wrong with that as long as you wait for all of the swelling to resolve. If is better that your surgeon is conservative because you can always do more but cannot always reverse doing too much.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assesment is valid.

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At forteeen weeks you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.
Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for the polybeak, etc.

+1

Revision rhinoplasty for the polybeak, etc. takes at least 9-12 months. If the nose continues to look like a poly beak deformity you should see a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.