Retinol A and Laser Hair Removal

can I do laser hair removal on my face while using retinol A?

Laser hair removal and topical retinoid/vitamin A derivatives

+2
Hi Maya, There is no contraindication to having laser hair removal while using a topical vitamin A derivative (tretinoin, other retinoids, retinols, etc.). However, it is recommended that you stop use of any/all of these topical vitamin A derivatives at least 5-7 days prior to waxing the areas. If you are at all unsure as to whether or not one of the topical products that you are using contains a vitamin A derivative/retinoid/retinol,please ask your dermatologist prior to scheduling a waxing appointment. But, again, undergoing laser hair removal while actively using one of these topical medications is not contraindicated. Good luck and take care!
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Using Retinol A during Laser Hair Removal Treatment

+1

Because Retinol A makes the skin more sensitive, I recommend stopping usage approximately one week prior to hair reduction treatment.  The intense pulsed light or laser treatment is more likely to irritate and inflame sensitive skin. 

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retinol A and Laser Hair Removal

+1

It's best to stop taking any product containing tretinoin (such as RetinA) or any cosmeceutical containing retinol approximately 3 days prior to laser hair removal so that the skin is not too sensitive or fragile.

Retin-A at same time as LASER hair removal is not recommended

+1

Retin-A tends to irritate your skin and if used at the same time as when you are having LASER hair removal is likely to cause skin irritation, and therefore should be avoided.

See    drvalauri.com     for more information about LASER hair removal

Retinols and laser hair removal

+1

Some doctors advocate for the discontinuation of Retinols one week before the laser hair removal so that the skin is less irrritated.  Some Retinols are more irritating than others, and prescription tretinoin (Retin-A and others) are even more irritating.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/laser-hair-removal/index.html

Laser hair removal and Retin A

+1

There is no contraindication for using Retin A and having laser hair removal done, however, since Retin A tends to make the skin more sensitive and more red, I would recommend stopping the Retin A 3-4 days prior to the treatment.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser Hair Removal While Using Retin-A

+1

If you mean Retin-A (tretinoin) cream, then laser hair removal should be safe to do, depending on the laser. We use the Candela alexandrite laser which is absorbed by dark pigmentation in the hair follicle so there should be no problem if Retin-A makes your face red.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/laser-hair-removal/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon