Retinol cream or gel for DRY, acne prone skin?

I'm in my 30's, get hormonal breakouts, clogged pores on the forehead, milia prone on the tops of my cheeks, have minor sun damage & fine lines, on the dry side of combo. I was recently prescribed a retinol gel 0.05%. I've been using it for 3 months now, every other night. I still get some dryness (partially due to the dry, cold air from winter), & I'm still getting my typical breakouts. Gel is supposed to be for acne, cream for wrinkles & dry skin. So which is better for me?

RR Retinoid Repair Cream for acne prone skin

+1
For acne prone skin, we have used the RR Retinoid Repair Cream as our office feels as though it is better tolerated in patients with more sensitive skin.  

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS
Los Angeles