Born With Detached Retina. What are my Options?

Im 16 and I was born with a detached retina in my right eye can I get some kind of surgery to help me so I can see again? And if so how do I become a candidate for this kind of surgery

Surgery for detached retina

+1

Unfortunately, there is no current treatment to restore vision in a retina that has been detached for 16 years.  If the retina has detached from the macula for that long, then central vision could not be restored.

LASIK corrects refractive error but cannot treat retinal detachments.  Treatment for retinal detachments must be performed immediately if there is any chance of vision restoration.  Retinal detachments are also best treated if they have not resulted in detachment at the macula.

San Francisco Ophthalmologist