Does Retin-A Make Indentations Worse?

I've been reading a lot of mixed reviews on the pros and cons of Retin A. I'm clear of acne but just dealing with scars and indented skin issues. I've been researching and there are a lot of people out there that have complained that Retin A has in fact expanded their pores and made their indents worse.

I did notice something similar but am not sure if i'm just being paranoid. Does Retin A have these negative side effects or should I continue using it? Help!! Thanks

Retin A does not make indentations worse

+1

Of all the different creams and products patients use on their skin, Retin A is one of the most efficacious for acne and photoaging.  Retin A does not make indentations but can slightly improve early acne scarring and it can decrease pore size.  I recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist to see if acne is an appropriate topical to be utilizing.

Houston Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.