Can Retin-A (Tretinoin) 0.01 Gel Help w/ Wrinkles and Sunspots?

ive just recently got the retin a o.o1 tretinoin gel for my acne scars but was wondering would it be possible to use this on my face as i have a few sunspotson my cheeks fine wrinkles on my forhead and undereyes and also redness on my cheeks i would like to even out my skin texture i have combination skin, if not could you recommend me something thankyou x

Retin-A for sunspots works best with hydroquinone

+1

One of the most effective ways to reverse sunspots due to the effects of chronic sun damage to your skin is by using a combination of two prescription strength medications: 4% hydroquinone and tretinoin cream. Prescription strength 4% hydroquinone is better than any OTC product for lightening dark spots in the skin. These dark spots are typically due to chronic sun damage so daily use of sunscreens is essential in your treatment. Combining prescription-only tretinoin cream with hydroquinone will make it even more effective. I recommend the Obagi Nu-Derm System which uses both tretinoin cream and hydroquinone to visibly lighten age spots as well as the fine lines and wrinkles that are due to chronic sun exposure. Some very nice before and after photographs of examples using the Nu-Derm system, including my own face, can be seen by following the link below:

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/obagi-medical-systems/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Tretinoin for wrinkles and dark spots

+1

Tretinoin is a very good treatment for FINE wrinkles. it doesn't work for deep wrinkles - those usually require fillers and botox. Tretinoin is particularly good for crows feet (fine lines around the eyes). It also gives your skin a glow and makes it look smooth.

Tretinoin also helps with dyspigmentation (abnormal pigmentation of skin).

I recommend applying tretioin before bed time with a mild moisturizer after. If you are just starting to use tretinoin or if you have a eczema/sensative skin, start out every other day until your skin can handle it every day.

Tretinoin for the face

+1

Tretinoin is a generic topical retinoid that provides excellent results at diminishing fine lines, sun spots, and comedonal acne.  .01% is a low strength that can help a patient transition into using a topical retinoid.  Tretinoin can also be used on the neck for sun damage and photoaging.  When using tretinoin for over 6 months, collagen production can increase which provides many benefits to the skin.  It should be administered under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Houston Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.