Retin a - Eyes? (photo)

Hi, I have just turned 35 and am keen to start using Retin A. My skin is in good condition, but I have a couple of laughter lines under both eyes that recently have become 'static'. I had the Cosmelan treatment a few months ago, which was a great success and my complexion is good and rejuvinated. I feel though my eyes are the problem area and I would like to reduce what is there. Photo attached. Please advise if Retin A would be helpful, I have strength 0.025% to start with. Many thanks Sarah

Retin A

+1

Retin A is a great product.  You might try mixing it with your eye cream for extra moisture around your eyes.   Retin A comes in 3 strengths.  Once your skin is doing well with the low dose, it will be time to move up to the next strength. 

Treating the early signs of aging around the eyes

+1

As a preventive measure you should consider using a moisturizing sun screen during the day and a vitamin A product at night.  Retin A would be good if you have oily skin or consider Renova if you have dry skin.  There are other vitamin a products on the market to consider as well.  If you develop crow's foot lines around the lateral orbital area then Botox can be very helpful.  

Retin A or Botox for the Eyes?

+1

Hi Claremont.  You choice certainly makes good sense as a starting point.  Because Retin A thins the dead skin cell layer, it can diminish or reduce the appearance of fine lines you are focused on.  

If the Retin A does not give you the result you are looking for, you are also an excellent candidate for Botox.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Retin-A will help

+1

Retin-A/Tretionoin will help with fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes (crows feet). Be certain to use a sunscreen at all times. After you finish the .025%, you can ask your doctor to go up to .05% and then .1%.

Also consider Botox to treat and prevent worsening crows feet.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkles & Retina-A

+1

Yes, retina type products most likely could be of benefit to you. Consider a consult with a physician skin care specialist in your area. There are some hazards with utilizing retina-a you should be made aware.  Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon